Resume Parsing & Management
When it comes to recruiting and hiring, resumes are still the coin of the realm. While the Internet has lived up to its promise of opening access to new sources of talent, it has also made it much easier for job seekers to apply for jobs. The result has been a profusion of resumes – it’s not uncommon for employers to receive hundreds or even thousands every time they post a job.
Recruitment professionals need robust tools to help them take control of the resume flow, capture relevant information automatically, and upload candidate data directly to their database or applicant tracking system as efficiently as possible. That’s where Burning Glass comes in.
Our Lens/Xray™ resume parsing engine leverages artificial intelligence that reads and understands resumes in any major document format and immediately transforms them into structured data mapped directly to your database with industry-leading accuracy. Unlike conventional tools which rely on templates and fixed rules that expect resumes to follow specific formats, Lens/Xray has learned to discern information contextually, learning from the tens of millions of real-world resumes it has processed.
Our CVLoader™ workflow engine harnesses the power of Lens/Xray within a highly flexible and configurable process automation suite. Starting from the moment they hit your system – through your website, Outlook inbox, Exchange server, or a multi-post feed – resumes are immediately parsed, vetted for quality, deduplicated, and reformatted based upon rules you set, routed through optional review queues, and uploaded to your ATS/CRM for immediate access.
As a result, recruitment professionals gain:
- A cleaner, more usable database. Resume databases can be so full of inaccurate or incomplete data and so cluttered with duplicate records as to be virtually unusable. Our automated data upload engine ensures comprehensive data capture, our robust deduplication removes the clutter, and our industry-leading accuracy delivers significant improvements in data quality.
- A more searchable database. Because our engine categorizes dozens of facts from each resume, you can search more precisely, directing your searches within targeted fields (for example, “find Microsoft as an employer”) instead of anywhere a keyword appears.
- A more valuable database. When those on the front line use your database more extensively, your investment in resume acquisition through advertisements or other channels is better leveraged and the value of your recruitment brand is more fully realized.
- Reduced cost. Accurate, automated data upload eliminates the cost of staff time associated with data entry, clean up, and formatting.
- Immediate access to candidates. Resumes are parsed, uploaded, and searchable in less than a second.
- Improved candidate experience. Integrating our resume parsing technology within your recruitment website can greatly improve candidate experience by freeing job seekers from having to fill out application forms – all they need to do is upload their resume and they’re done. One job board which has deployed Burning Glass resume parsing to expedite job seeker registrations has experienced a three-fold increase in completion rates.
What’s more, Burning Glass resume parsing solutions are built from the ground up for over 40 languages and geographies, providing industry-leading accuracy based upon a native awareness of local linguistic patterns and data structures. And they provide unparalleled reliability with enterprise-class support.
Customers who use Burning Glass solutions find that they deliver the best of all worlds, combining greater operational efficiency and cost savings with the best accuracy and most comprehensive data capture in the industry.
Learn more about:
- Lens/Xray™, our artificial intelligence-based parsing engine
- CVLoader™, our intelligent resume processing solution
- Lens/Match™, our people-to-jobs and jobs-to-people matching engine
- Focus/Career™, our comprehensive suite of job matching, career exploration, and training referral solutions
- How Burning Glass supports the needs of workforce and UI agencies, recruitment agencies,
and job boards
- Burning Glass’s parsing & extraction and coding & interpretation technologies