About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose tools play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed insight into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a global client base, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
We seek a Test Engineer who will be responsible for creating and enhancing automated test cases for large-scale applications involving different platforms.
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases with minimal guidance.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, operating systems, automated testing tools, etc. in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Design, develop and execute automated test suites using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Enhance existing automated testing framework.
- Effectively communicate automation activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Have an eye for performance, work with the team to ensure quality product release.
- Ensure product and process quality as per customer requirements.
- Report errors using the bug tracking tools.
- Validate defect fixes; analyze impact of the fixes and the issue to closure.
- Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, performance and summary reports.
- Validate technical documentation (e.g. administrators manuals, user guide, release notes)
- 2-5 years experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (computer science background preferred)
- Having very good knowledge SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle, QA process, and Agile methodology.
- Experience in setting up of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios, and executing the same.
- Scripting and automation capabilities using C#/Java/Perl is must.
- Experience in automated testing framework creation, executing and maintaining the same.
- Experience in all the aspects of the product/system like function, performance, regression, stability testing.
- Experience in using defect-tracking tools.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.