Engineering Team Leader - Big Data
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is the leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing skills and educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
BGT is looking for a team leader in its Big Data group. This position is part of a team that is building new aggregation infrastructure. These systems acquire and process data from the internet and power many critical Burning Glass products. The ideal candidate is a capable, current practitioner who will take the small team to the next level by closely working with operations, product management, analysts, and other teams.
- Design, coding, testing and deployment of enterprise applications using C, C++, C#, Java, or other languages
- Evaluation of new tools and processes for our web scraping, database and data feed groups
- Database design, coding and maintenance – SQL and NoSQL
- Familiarity with software development methodology, engineering tools, and release processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 4 to 6 years of experience in industry
- Experience in leading a team or working in global teams (geographically distributed team working in different time zone) preferred.
- Highly motivated and able to manage varying priorities in a fast paced environment
- Good knowledge and experience in Agile development, continuous integration using TeamCity
- Excellent knowledge of databases: RDBMS (SQL, MySQL) and NoSQL like Mongo, Hadoop, et al.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Familiarity with web scraping strategies and tools
- Familiar with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.