Software Engineer - Level 2
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose tools play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed insight into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a global client base, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
The Software Engineers will be responsible for developing/enhancing/maintaining large scale applications for different platforms. Two positions are available.
- Take direct requirements from business team.
- Project planning and work distribution.
- Work independently.
- The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design.
- Product delivery, test report submission and documentation.
- Product version control. (data and source)
- Solve bugs and report accordingly.
- Two or more years of experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (Computer science background preferred)
- Good understanding of at least some of the modern programming languages (C++/ Java/ Perl/ Python) and open-source technologies
- C++, C++11/14 preferred
- Data structures and algorithms
- Development expertise in Windows and Linux
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Strong business problem solving ability
- Experience in memory leak analysis tools (VLD/MemLeak /Valgrind)
- Messaging Patterns in Service Oriented Architecture
- Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery
- Source code version control (SVN/Git)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preferred with developing machine learning and natural language processing products
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.