Software Developer, Analytics Team
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose tools play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed insight into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a global client base, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
We seek a full stack developer who will be embedded within Burning Glass’s Analytics Team. The successful candidate will engage on a range of projects including the development of new product prototypes, internal tools, and public facing data visualizations.
- Prototype new web and data products showcasing Burning Glass’s job market analytics.
- Develop internal tools to be used by the analytics team to parse, classify, validate, and understand job market data.
- Contribute to development of an efficient data infrastructure to put data models developed by the analytics team into production including the development of APIs, optimizing databases, and automating workflows.
- Build data visualizations as part of product prototypes and for public-oriented microsites.
- Partner with Data Science team to efficiently implement machine learning models in Burning Glass products.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of software development experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Data visualization experience preferred.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data including natural language processing techniques.
- Exceptional communicator and willingness to support and mentor junior analysts and developers.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits package offered. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com