Senior Software Engineer
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose analytical tools play a growing role in informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into skill gaps and labor market demand. Burning Glass is proud to serve a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
Burning Glass seeks a skilled, Full Stack software developer to contribute to new cutting edge development of our search and match product line. This is a key position that will assume ownership of our strategic product features and interfaces. Full Stack Software Engineer will work with our team of domain experts in the area of parsing, searching and matching technology for HR staff and recruiters, and will architect, design and implement our state of the art monitoring and reporting tools. This is an opportunity to apply object oriented, web development and database skills utilizing open source tools, NoSQL databases and search technologies operating at scale and providing top-notch performance characteristics. The ideal candidate has a strong background in network and hosting environment, multithreading and asynchronous programming, data modeling and business logic, API layers and User Interface as well as a practical knowledge of the current state of the art SDLC and agile development methodology. This position is full-time and based in our Boston office.
- Understand complex cross-platform distributed software architecture and SaaS model
- Research, prototype and implement monitoring and management tools utilizing third party packages and plugins.
- Design and develop user friendly interfaces providing dashboard functionality
- Participate in product development to refine and prioritize requirements, estimate and scope work, and time releases.
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery process
- Collaborate with teammates in documenting user facing features
- Coordinate with and support QA on test planning, test case development and execution.
- Assist in troubleshooting search problems and repairing defects
- Object-oriented programming (C++, .Net, Java, or similar) with Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and cross-platform development
- Experience with Java or .NET web frameworks Spring, Spring Security or others.
- Experience with RESTful backend APIs servicing the frontend with JSON documents
- Experience developing and managing unit testing and associated frameworks
- Exposure to Enterprise and SaaS implementation, deployment, tools, support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in database performance improvement (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience implementing concurrent and multithreaded applications
- Practical knowledge of web technologies and tools (React, Redux, Angular.js, Node.js is a plus)
- Exposure to distributed search technologies such as ElasticSearch, Solr is preferred
- Practical experience working with Git
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- Ability to support software design with adequate documentation
- Open mind towards iterative software improvement thru refactoring
- Experience working in an agile development team using agile tools (JIRA, TeamCity, etc.)
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.