Sales Operations Assistant
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is the leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing skills and educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
The Sales Operations Assistant, based in Boston, is responsible for sales analytics, Salesforce administration and development, data management, user training, and tradeshow logistics. Essentially serve as the Salesforce go-to-person and THE subject matter expert for all things pertaining to Salesforce.
The Sales Operations Assistant also serves as an internal business partner to Finance, Communications, Marketing, Client Services, Product and other departments to drive sales and overall company success through automation, business intelligence, business processes improvement, change management, and user enablement. The role reports to the VP of Sales. A key requirement of the role is the ability to wear multiple hats and feel comfortable managing shifting priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customize and maintain Salesforce system, including user setup and maintenance, role hierarchy, profiles & permissions, security, page layouts, objects, fields, workflow, approval processes, formulas, assignment rules, and data management
- Manage standard Salesforce.com objects like Accounts, Opportunities, Leads, and Contracts as well as custom objects
- Develop and modify workflows, validation rules, process builder jobs, dependencies
- Develop, train, and enforce sales team processes to ensure timely and accurate data capture and management in Salesforce.com
- Define and collect metrics and key performance indicators that align with the goals of the business; assist in forecasting
- Create and manage reports and dashboards for various teams and leadership
- Manage and train team on Salesforce.com Apps, particularly DocuSign
- Liaise with other departments who use Salesforce to train and support, improve interdepartmental workflow
- Provide logistical and strategic support for tradeshows and conferences
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of new sales team members and create onboarding plan
- 1+ years’ experience as Salesforce Administrator, Enterprise Edition preferred
- Salesforce Admin 201 Certification a plus
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Team player with proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional teams; strong ability to communicate and influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Self-motivated, confident, flexible, energetic with strong interpersonal skills, good sense of humor, ability to accept constructive criticism, and a desire to be part of an industry-leading company
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.