SaaS Outside Sales Executive – Education
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
The full-time sales position, based in our Boston headquarters, is primarily responsible for SaaS sales to education institutions. Our products provide clients with labor market intelligence, resume processing and workflow, job matching, and other services to help schools, students, and potential employers navigate the job market.
Ideal candidate must have the following attributes:
- Passionate about education and enthusiastic about providing solutions that address issues and challenges facing institutions and students at all stages of their learning life cycle
- Understanding of higher education and confidence working with college deans, vice presidents, provosts, chancellors, and presidents
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for identifying client needs, developing solutions, and logically organizing complex information
- Experience and ease with cold-calling; undeterred by initial rejections
- Ability to accurately forecast, negotiate, and close deals
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written communication, and strong oral communication skills. Sound presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and managing a funnel
- Initial follow up on leads from conferences
- Provide web demonstrations to prospective clients
- Meet with clients, over the phone and in some cases in-person; maintain relationships
- Independently negotiate and close deals
- Manage a pipeline; provide accurate forecasts
- Dynamically adjust sales strategy based on sales metrics, respond to KPIs
- Weekly meetings with the VP of Sales to work toward closing deals
- Occasional travel to meetings and conferences; 5-10%
- Build long-term professional relationships
- Write effective proposals
- 5-10 years of successful progressive experience as an outside sales professional in education technology, services, and solutions.
- Sales experience should be specific to the sale of a technology-oriented product or service in a B2B setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com CRM platform.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.