Research Software Engineer
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose tools play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed insight into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a global client base, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
We seek a Research Engineer to join our firm’s data mining team. This team develops advanced parsing/matching models and solutions for the HR domain, using the millions of documents in Burning Glass’s repository.
This is a challenging role with the opportunity to create innovative technology solutions at the intersection of language analysis, data-driven insights, and logic-based workflow. The position reports to our experienced Chief Research Engineer, offering a high rate of learning on a diverse range of projects, and the opportunity to quickly have a direct impact upon the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess scientific temper to come up with new ideas and harness the information present in unstructured data. He/she must be comfortable working in an Agile development environment with high expectations for rapid delivery of prototypes, changing requirements, and direct feedback from the internal business customer.
- Building and developing systems which demonstrate and make accessible the underlying research technology to solve real-time NLP problems.
- Participating in basic and applied research on a wide range of text analytics and machine-learning projects.
- Identifying new research opportunities, and developing innovative technology solutions to the research problems.
- Performing research to improve existing parsing/matching models by incorporating new machine learning algorithms or by tweaking existing algorithms.
- Benchmarking new ideas or improvement done to parsing/matching models.
- Should be highly professional, intelligent, mature, and organized. The person should be able to work independently, multitask, and anticipate requests, and enjoys working in a busy, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, preferably from a reputable institution.
- Extensive experience in machine learning, text classification, information extraction and Noun, name and other Entity Resolution and other concepts of natural language processing.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Perl, C++ and Java.
- Good analytical skills and ability to think out of the box.
- Knowledge of design patterns and distributed computing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package offered.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter outlining analytics skills and relevant experience to email@example.com. NOTE: Resumes submitted without cover letter will not be considered.