Front End Engineer
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose analytical tools play a growing role in informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into skill gaps and labor market demand. Burning Glass is proud to serve a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in modern web technologies and develop contemporary web applications
- Prototype and present technology suggestions to the project leader
- Ability to collaborate and follow the goals set by the team
- Coordinate with and support QA on test planning, test case development and execution.
- Assist in troubleshooting of search problems and repairing defects
- Experience and familiarity with JAVA or .NET, HTML, and CSS is required
- Experience with source control software (GIT, SVN)
- Experience working in complex environment on large scale systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience writing server-side APIs, especially in Node.js
- Familiarity with and understanding of one or more of the following: Angular.js, Backbone.js, React, Ember.js
- Knowledge of jQuery, Bootstrap, ASP.NET, MVC framework
- Experience with backend systems and databases is a plus
- Ability to create unit/regression tests
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.