.Net Developer / Software Engineer
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies (BGT) is a leading labor market analytics provider which is proud to serve a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate .NET Software Engineer to design, develop and implement web-based applications to support business requirements. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- E/B.Tech/M.E/M.S/M.Tech in Computer Science/IT
- 2-4 years of experience on Microsoft.NET technologies with hands on development skills.
- Strong experience in developing applications using ASP, .NET, C#, HTML, CSS, and MVC
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012
- ORM: Entity Framework / nHibernate / Light speed
- Experience with front end JS frameworks (like Bootstrap, AngularJS, NodeJS)
- Experience with OOPS, jQuery & AJAX
- Work experience with Web Services or WCF and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Unit Testing & Code review Tools
- SQL Server 2008/2012 (Writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Debugging & Troubleshooting, using Profiler)
- Performance tuning using SQL server, understand execution plan, Indexes, profiler
- Strong in Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Understanding on Build & Deployment Process and knowledge about any Continuous Integration (CI), Source control system (SVN/GIT), Team Foundation Server.
- Agile process experience is a plus
- Experience with international/global (multi-site, multi-time zone) teams preferred
- Following Agile methodology, design, develop, and implement web-based applications to support business requirements
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Assists in preparing technical design specifications based on functional requirements and analysis documents.
- Develop and maintain operational- and system-level documentation
- Adopt new technologies, tools, and methodologies to deliver mission-critical, enterprise-class systems
- Writing and performing unit testing
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle (Agile)
- Contribute automated build and deploy systems
- Develops Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams using UML for designing Object Oriented Design for large applications
- Be part of a global (multi-site, multi-time zone) team developing applications and providing services
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.