About Burning Glass
At Burning Glass Technologies, we strive to create a job market that works for everyone. We are an analytics software company whose tools play a growing role in informing the global conversation on education and the workforce by turning data into insight. Powered by the world’s largest and most sophisticated database of jobs and talent, we deliver real-time data and breakthrough planning tools that inform careers, define academic programs, and shape workforces.
Analytics are at the heart of our mission, and our Analytics team plays a critical role in delivering insights for our products and clients from hundreds of millions of job postings and resumes. The team is responsible for developing models for classifying, validating, and understanding the job market data in our software products; ensuring and maintaining data quality; and creating reports which analyze areas of the labor market that are critical to our clients and partners. Our team’s technology stack includes Python and R for data science and analysis, and SQL Server, ElasticSearch, and MongoDB for managing and working with our large datasets.
About the Position
We seek an experienced data scientist to work on a range of initiatives related to structuring our data and identifying key trends in the job market and prototyping new analytic products using machine learning which can be deployed across our product suite. Our products are used across the global job market: by students and workers to fulfill future career goals, by educators to align programs with the market, and by employers to in fill positions more effectively.
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering and deep learning methods on massive job market data sets in various application such as text classification, content tagging, semantic similarity etc.
- Perform end-to-end data analysis pipeline, including data gathering, data cleaning and standardization, problem framing and hypothesis generation, inference, and presenting results to multiple levels of decision maker.
- Work alongside the product team to interpret data, extract trends and identify insights or opportunities for product decisions.
- Practical industry experience in applying core Machine Learning methodologies: Regression, Classification, Clustering, Matrix Factorization, Predictive Analytics, Decision trees, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks/ Deep Learning.
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL. Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Neo4j preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
- Experience with structured and unstructured data including natural language processing techniques.
- Capable of grasping analytical concepts and clearly understanding how analytical solutions can be incorporated into broader business solutions.
- Data visualization and/or web development experience preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits package offered. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com