Data Developer, Analytics Team
About Burning Glass
At Burning Glass Technologies, we strive to create a job market that works for everyone. We are an analytics software company whose tools play a growing role in informing the global conversation on education and the workforce by turning data into insight. Powered by the world’s largest and most sophisticated database of jobs and talent, we deliver real-time data and breakthrough planning tools that inform careers, define academic programs, and shape workforces.
Analytics are at the heart of our mission, and our Analytics team plays a critical role in delivering insights for our products and clients from hundreds of millions of job postings and resumes. The team is responsible for developing models for classifying, validating, and understanding the job market data in our software products; ensuring and maintaining data quality; and creating reports which analyze areas of the labor market that are critical to our clients and partners. Our team’s technology stack includes Python and R for data science and analysis, and SQL Server, ElasticSearch, and MongoDB for managing and working with our large datasets.
About the Position
We seek a data-focused software developer who will be embedded within the Analytics team. The successful candidate will engage on a range of projects, including streamlining and automating ETL processes, implementing machine learning models and packaging data for use by software products and clients. Our products are used across the global job market: by students and workers to fulfill future career goals, by educators to align programs with the market, and by employers to in fill positions more effectively.
- Contribute to development of an efficient data infrastructure with automated workflows, including ETL, to put data models developed by the Analytics team into production in Burning Glass products.
- Develop APIs and optimize databases to enhance Analytics team processes in the context of broader product goals.
- Coordinate between the Analytics and Engineering teams to teams to efficiently implement machine learning models, derive new insights from our data, and update data in our software products.
- Develop internal tools to be used by the Analytics team in its core functions.
- Prototype new data products showcasing Burning Glass’s job market analytics.
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL. Experience with ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and Neo4j preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of data-focused software development experience.
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured datasets, and distributed computing tools.
- Experience with web/API development, web scraping, and/or data visualization is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, and willingness to support and mentor junior analysts and developers.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits package offered. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org