C++ Technical Lead
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose tools play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the emerging workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed insight into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a global client base, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
The C++ Technical Lead will be responsible for software development projects in an Agile environment, from initial requirements to product documentation.
- Lead software projects through all stages of the technology life cycle (Agile), including responsibility for requirements capture, design, development, and acceptance testing
- Produce high-quality technical documentation for our customers
- Decompose technical tasks and provide accurate estimates
- Undertake development tasks without supervision, including software designing, programming and testing within a Test-Driven Development/Continuous Deployment environment process
- Monitor progress and provide updates to the Project Manager
- Ensure that best practices for coding, architecture, and security are employed across all teams consistently.
- Provide hands on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Be part of a global (multi-site, multi-time zone) team developing applications and providing services.
- Eight to 12 years’ experience
- E/B.Tech/M.E/M.S/M.Tech in Computer Science/IT
- Must have good C++/Java programming skills, preferably C++11
- Experience developing in both Windows/Linux environments
- Experience with large data stores (few 100 GB) on SQL Server, Oracle or No SQL Technologies like MongoDB, Elastic Search, Neo4J, Amazon EWS
- Experience with data mining, information modeling will be good.
- Preferred familiarity with NLP, AI, Pattern recognition techniques
- Performance tuning, Dev Ops perspectives for Enterprise Grade application development
- Web services development experience will be helpful
- Familiar with tools such as Git, TeamCity, JIRA, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment
- Practical, hands-on experience with modern Agile development methodologies ( Scrum, TDD)
- Proficiency building and executing unit and functional tests
- Familiar with automated System Testing tools such as Selenium
- Ability to do a code walk-through on sample code selected at random.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and production diagnostic skills.
- Highly motivated and passionate about new technology
- Experience with international/global (multi-site, multi-time zone) teams preferred
- Strong Working knowledge of industry standard development practices and concepts of C++, Java, Messaging infrastructures like RabbitMQ, Elastic Search, MongoDB, Neo4J, Enterprise scale web development, XML, XSLT, JAXB, SOA, Web Services, REST, Modular design, performance tuning, DevOps perspective for services and applications that are offered with triple nine availability, HDFS, Hypervisors like VMWare, AWS
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.