About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is the leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing skills and educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
We seek a System Administrator to join our TechOps team. Based in our Boston headquarters, the System Administrator will play a vital role in designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our technical operations.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems including ISP connectivity
- Design, deploy and maintain system/network efficiency and compatibility
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users
- Maintain network and system security and monitor networks to ensure uptime for production systems
- Evaluate and modify server and network system performance
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations (requirement gathering)
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services (AD)
- Maintain network facilities in multiple offices and datacenter operations
- Maintain Windows and Linux servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems
- Patch maintenance
- Other responsibilities include any other related duties as assigned by the Director of TechOps, Systems Administrators, other appropriate administrator
The ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving skills, attention to detail and excellent at diagnosing problems to bring resolution. S/he will be a strong communicator who is team oriented and adaptable with a customer service mentality.
- Infrastructure Management
- Cisco firewall preferred w/ IPS-IDS experience
- Jira Confluence preferred
- Network storage
- DR/Business Continuity
- Network monitoring tools
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Current CCNA, NET+, Microsoft or equivalent certifications preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package offered. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.