New Burning Glass Technologies product guides firms in making data-driven decisions to improve their workforce.
BOSTON—Burning Glass Technologies announces the release of Burning Glass Talent™, the first workforce planning solution using real-time labor data, empowering companies to make data-driven decisions in a dynamic labor market
Using the world’s largest database of jobs and skills, Burning Glass Talent™ allows companies to understand the skills their employees already have and what it will take either to train up or acquire those skills in the broader labor market. With this information, employers can take effective action to link their hiring with overall corporate strategy, bridging the divide between the workforce they have and the workforce they need.
“In a constantly changing environment, effective workforce planning is increasingly critical. Yet HR executives have often lacked the information they need not only about the job market in which they operate but even about their own talent base,” said Matt Sigelman, CEO of Burning Glass Technologies. “Burning Glass Talent™ provides firms with the information and workflows to connect talent with their strategic goals for revenue and profit.”
Burning Glass Talent™ allows human capital management decisions to be made based on hard evidence. Human capital managers can:
- Dynamically track and predict disruptive changes in the job market to anticipate and plan for the talent they will need before they need it.
- Benchmark their workforce needs against the competition to gain early warning of how the market may be changing.
- Get an evidence-based understanding of their own workforce: the skills they have and the skills they lack.
- Identify hidden sources of talent by understanding the underlying skills behind jobs and how they transfer between roles.
- Optimize how jobs are defined based on a robust and continually updated skill taxonomy, ensuring that positions are filled at the lowest time and cost.
- Make hiring and location decisions based on a precise understanding of the labor pool in different areas, and whether the local workforce has the specific skills a position requires.
- Improve internal training and develop career paths that foster engagement and loyalty by showing workers the precise skills they will need to get ahead.
- Use data to determine when it makes sense to build talent by internal training and when it is better to make outside hires.
Burning Glass Talent™ is driven by the Burning Glass database of more than 700 million job postings, collected from more than 40,000 online sources daily. The database engine, powered by a proprietary analytic taxonomy, provides insight into what employers need much faster and in more detail than any other sources.
Burning Glass Talent™ is powered by the same rich dataset Burning Glass delivers to the Federal Reserve, the Brookings Institution, and hundreds of leading corporate and education customers – from Microsoft and Accenture to Harvard University and Coursera.
For more information about Burning Glass Talent™, visit burning-glass.com/talent or visit us at the HR Technology Conference and Expo, Oct. 10-13 in Las Vegas. Follow us on Twitter @Burning_Glass and on LinkedIn.
About Burning Glass Technologies
Burning Glass Technologies delivers job market analytics that empower employers, workers, and educators to make data-driven decisions. The company’s artificial intelligence technology analyzes hundreds of millions of job postings and real-life career transitions to provide insight into labor market patterns. This real-time strategic intelligence offers crucial insights, such as which jobs are most in demand, the specific skills employers need, and the career directions that offer the highest potential for workers. For more information, visit burning-glass.com.